What defines a fragrance for the mature woman? The answer is sophistication! It is no surprise that my favorite classic perfume is Chanel No.5.
A classic perfume should reflect the woman you have have become. A woman who is sophisticated, confident, mature and knows who she is and what she likes. Authenticity is key.
As I have aged, my tastes have fluctuated. Sometimes following the seasons and sometimes life! In Summer something light is appropriate. In Fall and Winter a fragrance with more depth is desirable. Strength of scent should always be subtle and work in harmony.
Most women agree that the fragrances listed below fall in to the classic perfume category:
- Chanel No. 5 – represents the feminine woman since 1921.
- Yves Saint Laurent – Black Opium – warm and seductive scent.
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue – spreads allure and romance.
- Marc Jacobs – Daisy – simple, beautiful and pure.
- Lancome – La Vie Est Belle – life is beautiful, expresses joyful femininity.
- Grace by Philosophy – clean subtle beauty
- Estee Lauder – Beautiful – rich blend of flowers and warm wood.
All of these scents and more can be found at Sephora.
I have always loved the scent of perfume. My earliest memories are of my mother who loved Estee Lauder’s White Linen Perfume. This perfume smells delicate, fresh and is quite lasting. I can still remember the scent of her clothes when walking by. To this day, the smell of White Linen brings back memories of mom!
My love for Chanel No. 5 began many years ago. I simply fell in love with its complex combination of florals and musks. It is a modern fragrance that has stood the test of time. Hopefully a scent that will bring fond memories to my daughters and grandchildren for years to come. Click the link below to get yours today!
Be sure to check out other amazing beauty deals from Sephora. Just click the icon below.