Well, I have been at again…..another project to keep me busy during COVID19 “lockdown”. I had another piece of furniture that was inherited from Robby’s grandmother that had incurred some damage and needed a “makeover”. This is a larger piece than my previous project, but I had a vision, a plan, and time to do it!
The piece is a four drawer chest with damage to the front of the second drawer. I decided not to worry too much about the damage and to proceed with painting it with a silver metallic chalk paint and then finishing with a black chalk wax.
I decided to work on the piece in place. Cardboard was used to protect the floors. I removed the drawers and began working on the top and body of the chest. I do not have a lot of experience with chalk paint, however, the silver metallic chalk paint was thin in coverage and a little more difficult to work with. I saw pretty quickly that it was going to take two coats to achieve the coverage I desired.
Once I achieved the coverage I wanted with the silver and waiting a full 24 hours to dry, I began applying the black chalk wax. The metallic sheen really played tricks on my eyes, but eventually I achieved the look I wanted. I am so pleased with how this piece turned out. I already have another project in mind where I can use the silver chalk paint again.
Finally, here is the finished product with drawer pulls spray painted “chrome”. Happy painting everyone!!!